I’m not going to lie, this domain has been sitting here, unused, since the start of September. Maybe even earlier. I truly don’t know. 2020 was an absolute mess of a year, as most are aware.. so everything just sort of ran together near the end. I don’t even have the theme all setup yet. But here we are, January 1st of a new year!
I’m grateful and endlessly thankful that I made it through the year, knowing in my heart that so many did not make it. So many did not get to ring in the new year. I also know that so many who did ring in the new year, will likely not be able to see the start of 2022.
I am a person who writes to get my feelings out, but I did not write a thing over the last year. I want to say this is partly why I had so many emotionally-driven explosions in my personal life, but it was just one of many factors. So to combat this for 2021, I have teamed up with my own little cheer squad over at Afterlife, and we have recklessly (and foolishly!) committed to blogging every day for a year. Will we make it? Who knows! Do I have faith that I will make it? No, I don’t. But that’s not going to stop me from trying. Even if I only blog 10 times by years end, that is an accomplishment for my mental health.
On the subject of 10, today the (optional) prompt for blogging is 10 Things About You, which is absolutely my weak spot. Talking about myself is hard because I am always venturing into the negative. So I’m going to take the prompt one step further and require myself to be positive on at least 5 points.
Without further ado, 10 things about me!
- I am exceptional at organizing, if given the creative freedom to do so. The more freedom and resources I am provided, the more impressive it becomes. This is true in both personal and professional aspects.
- I am an avid player of video games, across all mediums. I mostly play on my PC, but I also play on my Switch and the Xbox when I’m tired of sitting at my desk.
- I am absolutely Harry Potter obsessed and the universe is absolutely my safe haven. However, I do not under any circumstances, support the author-who-shall-not-be-named and her views on just about anything. Every time she voices her opinion, a small piece of the magic within me dies, and that is absolutely saddening. She is a real-world dementor.
- I am an anxious, unfocused, ADD-riddled mess of a person. I have the focus of a squirrel in a park full of peanuts and I am constantly suffering for it. Some of my worst fears are social gatherings, phone calls, eye contact, and more!
- Every November (and two months in the Spring and Summer), I volunteer with some of my awesome friends as a Municipal Liaison for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). If you’ve never heard of it, the short version is this: you have 30 days to write 50,000 words. Panic, chaos, and many memorable shenanigans ensue!
- I like rainbow-colored everything, almost as much as my 5 year old daughter. Don’t @ me.
- I have been to a convention for planners (paper calendars, yes for real!) and it was amazing.
- I got my license at 30. Driving used to give me horrific panic attacks and I never wanted to do it. When I moved away from my support system, it became apparent that I was going to need to get my license if I was going to have any bit of success in life. I still get incredibly nervous when I’m driving near tractor trailers, cement barriers, and when I have to parallel park (because that’s not one of my skills), but I make do with what I can.
- I have never been outside of the US, including Mexico and Canada. I’m an uncultured bean.
- I do not make friends easily and am generally very guarded. This impacts many aspects of my personal life and I’d like to make a conscious effort to make the necessary changes to counter this. But as of right now, I’m that loner kid I was from high school, who has only a couple friends and everyone else is a disappointment.
So, there you have it. 10 things about me and a little bit of back story. Tune in tomorrow for some more fun and adventures. 🙂